Too busy to volunteer? We totally understand because we’re all in the same boat.
That’s why at NLSC, we work hard to support our volunteers so you do the tasks you enjoy, you feel empowered and in control of your role, you have a say in how the club is run and you know there are others who will help when you need it.
Take a few moments to think about how much you and/or your family have gotten out of NLSC. If it wasn’t for the dedication of our volunteers the club wouldn’t exist and none of us would have the sailing opportunities at the lake that we currently have.
Can you find even a little bit of capacity to give some time and energy back?
We are a 110% volunteer-run community sporting organisation. Quite simply, we need you!
Without you, NLSC doesn’t exist.
Top 11 (why 11? why not?) reasons to volunteer at NLSC
- It’s genuinely a lot of fun and you will learn new skills, all of which you can probably use in other areas of your life.
- Families that play together, stay together. Sailing is one activity that everyone can get involved with … even if you don’t plan on getting wet yourself.
- You’ll get loads of personal satisfaction knowing that you’re helping your kids, friends and others.
- You become a great role model for your family and others around you, and it gives them yet another reason to be proud of you.
- Looks great on your CV!
- Research shows volunteering provides you with a stronger self-esteem and sense of self-worth.
- Knowing you are a needed and an extremely valuable member of a team.
- It may be clichéd, but you do make new friends.
- You help make our services to members the best and the safest they can be.
- You get to have a big say in how the club is run.
- Without volunteers, NLSC wouldn’t exist.
There is plenty you can do to help out at NLSC. The following list gives you a snapshot. If you can help with any of these, or there are other skills you can offer, let us know.
Event organisation, communications, rescue and start boat duties, maintenance, coaching, club management, admin tasks, finance, canteen, website, member liaison, volunteer coordination.